Although the wearing of uniform is not compulsory, the majority of parents and the School Governing Body have indicated that they prefer a definitive dress code to be worn by the pupils of our school. This ensures a clear identity within the school and sets a positive attitude to learning.
The School has a recommended colour scheme:
- Grey trousers/shorts/skirt (Gingham dress in red and white)
- White/red blouse/shirt or polo shirt.
- Red cardigan/sweater/sweatshirt.
- School Uniform @ Wynsors World Of Shoes (available online and at the Doncaster Road Barnsley store) : www.schoolshopdirect.co.uk
- School Trends (online) : www.schooltrends.co.uk
- MyClothing (online) : www.myclothing.com
For PE lessons we request that children have plain black shorts or leggings and a plain red or white t shirt and suitable trainers for games lessons.
We would like the children to wear plimsolls or soft shoes indoors. This is particularly important during the winter months.
In your own interests will you please ensure that all clothing, particularly coats and shoes, are clearly marked with your child’s name.
We would ask that children do not wear jewellery to school; however, watches and stud ear-rings are acceptable but will need to be removed for P.E. Governor’s request that parents wishing to have their children’s ears pierced, do so at the beginning of the summer break so that children do not miss PE lessons.