SEND Teaching Assistant
Required from September 21
Grade 3 Level 2 : FTE £19,312 Actual £6560
15 Hours per week, Term Time Only – morning session
Tankersley St Peter’s C.E.(Aided) Primary School is a friendly school with a highly motivated, committed and supportive team.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support in school. Ideally you will have experience of working with children with special educational needs. The role will be to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil(s) to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
We are looking for a candidate:
- who is committed to achieving high standards with all our children.
- who has experience of working with small groups or 1:1.
- who can liaise with the class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about school focused plans (SFPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate.
- who will work closely with colleagues as part of a friendly and supportive team.
- who has a good understanding of the primary curriculum and EYFS curriculum.
- who has a good knowledge and understanding of the teaching of early reading and phonics.
- who has a positive approach to managing children’s behaviour.
- who can establish supportive relationships with the pupil(s) concerned.
- who holds a Level 2 or equivalent Qualification.
- who has GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- who has good computing skills.
- who has flexibility to work additional hours as required
Application packs can be downloaded from our school website: www.tankersleystpetersprimary.org.uk. These can be returned by email to Shelly Snowball (School Business Manager) email@example.com or by post to Tankersley St Peters Primary, Westwood New Road, Barnsley S753DA.
Closing date: Monday 13th September at 9.00am
Interviews will be held either Thursday 16th Sept or w/c Mon 20th Sept
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Tankersley St Peter’s C of E (Aided) Primary School is an equal opportunities employer